Our costs at each stage are £933 plus VATCurrent rate of VAT is 20%. There may be additional costsThese are known as disbursements, and may include barristers fees’, expert reports, and expenses..
Employment law is complicated, which is why it is so important for your business to get the right legal advice as soon as you become aware of a potential legal problem.
If you have been involved in a legal dispute and have been unable to reach a satisfactory resolution, you need to ensure that you are receiving the right legal support to protect your business.
DAS Law are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and has a team of experts specialising in employment law.
We are able to guide you through the process, from assessing the strength and risk of a claim against your business to ensuring that if the matter progresses to a hearing you are robustly defended at an employment tribunal.
How it works in practice
Unlike some of our competitors who charge by the hour, we offer a range of transparent fixed fee employment products which are broken down into the stages of the litigation process. This way you know how much each stage of the process will cost, helping you budget and weigh up the best way forward. Each stage of the process will usually take 1-3 months.
Here is what we offer at each stage:
Stage 2 →
Stage 1 – Gathering evidence and assessing claim
£933 plus VAT (20%)
- Discuss the employment issue directly with you and take all detail about the allegations brought by the employee;
- Review documents, assess the case and providing a clear letter of advice to you;
- Respond to letters received from the employee about settlement;
- Advise you specifically about settlement and taking steps on your behalf to resolve the dispute directly with the employee or via the ACAS Early Conciliation Scheme.
Please be aware that this product does not cover “disbursements” such as barristers’ fees, experts’ fees or any external costs.
← Stage 1
Stage 3 →
Stage 2 – Defending a claim
£933 plus VAT (20%)
- Prepare and submit the response to the claim;
- Proactively progress settlement discussions with ACAS or the employee/their representative to try and resolve the matter quickly for you;
- Prepare all necessary documentation and representation for a telephone preliminary hearing;
- Ensure a barrister is fully briefed and that representation is provided at a preliminary hearing in person*;
- Ensure that all employment tribunal directions are followed, including exchange of evidence and preparation of the tribunal bundle;
- Draft a Counter Schedule of Loss to aid settlement discussions where appropriate.
* A barrister will normally be used to deal with any hearings in person and the cost is not included in the fixed fee products. We will always discuss additional costs with you at the outset. Typically, barristers’ fees for a day in tribunal range from £550 to £750 plus VAT (20%).
← Stage 2
Stage 3 – Preparing for hearing
£933 plus VAT (20%)
- Comply with all directions set by the employment tribunal;
- Instruct an expert where necessary;
- Make and respond to appropriate applications during the process;
- Compile and finalise the bundle of documents to be used as evidence by the tribunal;
- Speak with witnesses for the business, draft all statements and exchange them with the employee/their representative;
- Continue to progress settlement discussions via ACAS and the employee/their representative;
- Instruct a barrister* to provide representation at the Final Merits Hearing.
*Please be aware that this product does not cover “disbursements” such as barristers’ fees, experts’ fees or any external costs. We will always discuss additional costs with you during your initial consultation. Typically, barristers fees for a day in tribunal range from £550 to £750 plus VAT (20%).
If the hearing takes place over a number of days, there will be a fee up front (brief fee) and for every day that the barrister is required to attend, a refresher fee charged at the applicable day rate.
Developed with your business in mind
We appreciate employment disputes can cause stress and anxiety for those involved, and the need for businesses to avoid negative press following an employment tribunal hearing. We offer practical advice to reach the best outcome for your business as quickly as possible.
We will provide an initial free 20 minute telephone consultation with you to help you gain a better understanding of how we can assist you and discuss the best forward both in terms of the product and the litigation process.
For cases involving the following circumstances:
Breach of the Part Time Workers Regulations
Breach of the Working Time Regulations
Breach of the TUPE Regulations
Pregnancy and Maternity Rights
Breach of Working Time Regulations and claims relating to holiday pay.
Other types of dispute, including unfair dismissal, breach of contract and redundancy cases, may be covered by our level 1 product.
Level 1 fixed fee product services
We can also offer a bespoke fixed fee if the case is unsuitable for one of the packages we offer. In these circumstances, we will be able to tell you the fee up front during our free initial consultation so you can have peace of mind right from the start.
How this works in practice
Our fixed fee approach at each stage means that we won’t charge you for services you don’t need. Of you reach a solution after stage 1 for example, you only pay £933 plus VATCurrent rate of VAT is 20%. If you go through to stage 3 and proceed to the listed hearing, the maximum we will charge you is £2,799 plus VATCurrent rate of VAT is 20%.
If you would like to talk to one of our experts in more detail about this product please get in contact.
Call us on 0345 604 7298
Write to us
Our team here at DAS Law has a wealth of experience in dealing with employment disputes. We specialise in employment law; acting on behalf of both personal and commercial clients in a range of employment related matters.
The Partner, who has been qualified as a Solicitor for over 15 years, heads up the team made up of Solicitors, Chartered Legal Executives, Paralegals and more junior members who are part of DAS’ successful Graduate Academy.
Our team of 15 Solicitors and Chartered Legal Executives solely specialise in employment law, and several of them have done so for many years. Despite having between 1 and 18 years of qualified experience, they dedicate themselves to ensuring that their knowledge remains up to date so that they can provide the best possible service and advice.
The team has a vast range of practical experience, from providing advice on holiday entitlement, to pursuing a Tribunal claim or defence. The work which our Solicitors and Chartered Legal Executives carry out is also supervised either by the Principal Associate or Partner of the department.
We also have 12 Paralegals and Graduates who whilst more junior, have between 4 months and 8 years’ experience in employment law. We pride ourselves upon the support, training and supervision that our junior members of staff receive so to ensure that the quality of the advice and service our clients receive is to an extremely high standard. Each of our Paralegals and Graduates work under the direct supervision of a Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive.
We are proud of our proven track record of securing successful outcomes for our clients.
The below individuals have the main supervisory responsibilities within the department – a full list of all employees within the employment department is available on request.
Meet the team