Purchasing a commercial or personal insurance policy should provide you with peace of mind when running your business or going about your day to day life. If you are a business owner or consumer and have a legal dispute with your insurance provider, we can help.
How DAS Law can help
Our experienced team of dispute resolution lawyers will provide you with practical legal support if you have a legal dispute with your insurance provider.
These are some of the outcomes we can achieve for you
We can provide you with advice and guidance on your insurance policy, to ensure you understand any exclusions, restrictions or interpretations of the policy wording.
Where an insurer has declined a claim, we can assist you in making a complaint to your insurance company, offering assistance through any complaint and appeal processes.
We can offer advice and representation when bringing a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
We can represent you in pursuing a claim through the courts, if a resolution cannot be reached with your insurance provider.
Here are some things you should be aware of regarding your legal problem:
- Your insurer may decline cover for a number of reasons including policy interpretation, breach of conditions, and non-disclosure of information.
- It is important that you read all of the small print contained in your policy documentation as there may be specific exclusion clauses that limit cover.
- When taking out an insurance policy, be sure to provide information to the very best of your knowledge. If you are not sure what information to disclose, it is better to provide as much information as possible, since this can reduce the possibility of a claim being declined.
- If you have a dispute with an insurance provider you can bring a complaint before the Financial Ombudsman Service, which is an independent service that investigates financial companies.
- Where an insurance claim is declined, you should always allow the insurance provider the opportunity to investigate the complaint before you take the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
How much will it cost?
If you would like DAS Law to help you with your legal dispute, there are a number of ways to fund your legal costs.
Legal expenses insurance (LEI)
If you have a commercial insurance policy this may include LEI cover. If so, your legal costs may be covered by that policy, subject to its terms and conditions. If you are unsure if your insurance policy includes LEI cover, we will check this with you.
No legal expenses insurance
Unfortunately we are unable to take on private instructions at the moment, and can only work with customers who have legal expenses insurance.
What should I do next?
If you have legal expenses insurance with DAS, please call us on the number listed in your policy.