If you're involved in a dispute with your insurance provider, we can help
Our experienced team of dispute resolution lawyers will provide you with practical legal support if you have a legal dispute with your insurance provider.
These are some of the outcomes we can achieve for you
We can provide you with advice and guidance on your insurance policy, to ensure you understand any exclusions, restrictions or interpretations of the policy wording.
Where an insurer has declined a claim, we can assist you in making a complaint to your insurance company, offering assistance through any complaint and appeal processes.
We can offer advice and representation when bringing a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
We can represent you in pursuing a claim through the courts, if a resolution cannot be reached with your insurance provider.
Here are some things you should be aware of regarding your legal problem:
- Your insurer may decline cover for a number of reasons including policy interpretation, breach of conditions, and non-disclosure of information.
- It is important that you read all of the small print contained in your policy documentation as there may be specific exclusion clauses that limit cover.
- When taking out an insurance policy, be sure to provide information to the very best of your knowledge. If you are not sure what information to disclose, it is better to provide as much information as possible, since this can reduce the possibility of a claim being declined.
- If you have a dispute with an insurance provider you can bring a complaint before the Financial Ombudsman Service, which is an independent service that investigates financial companies.
- Where an insurance claim is declined, you should always allow the insurance provider the opportunity to investigate the complaint before you take the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
How much will it cost?
If you would like DAS Law to help you with your legal dispute, there are a number of ways of funding your legal costs, including:
Legal Expenses Insurance (LEI)
If you have a commercial insurance policy this may include LEI cover. If so, your legal costs may be covered by that policy, subject to its terms and conditions. If you are unsure if your insurance policy includes LEI cover, we will check this with you.
No Legal Expenses Insurance
If you do not have this cover, then we have a host of fee options which we will tailor to suit your needs. Often we will take cases on a conditional fee basis (also known as “no win no fee”). Where this is not suitable we offer fixed fees and discounted hourly rates.
For certain cases we will also consider a damages based agreement, where we receive a limited proportion of damages if the case is successful, and nothing if it is not. Our legal advisers are always happy to discuss our fee options with you in more detail.
What to do next
If you would like to speak to a dispute resolution expert about your legal problem, please contact us by calling 0345 604 7298, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.