How DAS Law can help
If you buy or sell goods and services, there are a number of legal considerations that you need to be aware of. Without this knowledge, disagreements can quickly escalate which could threaten your business.
Our experienced team of dispute resolution lawyers can provide you with practical legal advice and representation if you are in dispute with a supplier or customer over the supply of goods and services.
Some of the possible outcomes we can achieve for you
Review commercial contracts and advise if the supplier or customer is in breach of their contractual obligations, or if their terms are unfair.
Advise you on your legal position when faced with a dispute with a supplier of customer, including giving advice on any liability you could face or remedies you could be entitled to.
Provide you with advice and assistance negotiating settlement of a dispute by means of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
Represent you in bringing or defending an action against a supplier or customer.
Here are some important things you should be aware of when faced with a dispute over the supply of goods or services.
- There are a number of statutes which protect the rights of consumers entering into a contract for the supply of goods and services. These include; the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- Usually, statutes will imply certain terms into consumer contracts placing a supplier of goods and services under an obligation to carry out the services with reasonable skill and care.
- In commercial contracts it is sometimes possible to exclude or limit your liability.
- If you are a supplier of goods or services, and you regularly sub contract work to third parties, you could be liable to your customers for a breach of your sub-contractor’s obligations.
- If your business supplies goods and services, it may be wise to take out product liability insurance to cover yourself against any potential claims.
How much will it cost?
If you would like DAS Law to help you with your goods and services dispute, there are a number of ways to fund your legal costs.
Legal expenses insurance (LEI)
If you have a commercial insurance policy this may include LEI cover. If so, your legal costs may be covered by that policy, subject to its terms and conditions. If you are unsure if your insurance policy includes LEI cover, we will check this with you.
No legal expenses insurance
Unfortunately we are unable to take on private instructions at the moment, and can only work with customers who have legal expenses insurance.
What should I do next?
If you have legal expenses insurance with DAS, please call us on the number listed in your policy.