How DAS Law can help you
By law, all road users must stop and report a road traffic accident in which they are involved. When a motorist causing the accident fails to stop, the lives of those injured and their families can be changed forever. Bikers are especially vulnerable and often the victims of hit and run accidents.
If you are a biker who has suffered injury from a hit and run accident that was not your fault, our experienced team of specialist personal injury motorcycling lawyers can provide you with practical legal advice and representation.
These are some of the outcomes we can achieve for you:
Obtaining compensation for your injury.
Recovery of lost income.
Arranging to get your bike repaired and back on the road.
Obtaining an interim payment for replacement gear.
Obtaining compensation for treatment, rehabilitation, specialist equipment and care.
Important things to consider
Here are some important things you should be aware of when making a claim for an injury following a hit and run motorcycling accident.
- Our specialist lawyers are highly experienced in handling a range of injuries including soft tissue, fractured or broken bones, whiplash, amputations and accidents resulting in death.
- You do not need to visit our offices. We can arrange meetings at your convenience at a time that is suitable for you.
- In most cases, personal injury claims must be made within three years of the occurrence of the injury or the date on which you became aware of it.
- The Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) exists to compensate victims of negligent drivers who leave the scene of an accident and accidents caused by drivers who are uninsured. Every time someone takes out car or bike insurance a small portion of the premium goes to the MIB.
- Failure to adhere to the strict schemes operated by the MIB can mean a claim will be unsuccessful. It is therefore important to use solicitors who regularly submit claims to the MIB.
How much will it cost?
If you would like DAS Law to help you with your hit and run injury claim, there are a number of ways of funding your legal costs, including:
Legal Expenses Insurance (LEI)
If you have a motor or home insurance policy which includes LEI cover, your legal costs may be covered by your policy (subject to the terms and conditions of the policy). If you are unsure if your insurance policy includes LEI cover, we will check this for you.
Conditional Fee Agreement (No Win, No Fee)
If you do not have LEI cover, we can still deal with your hit and run claim through a “No Win, No Fee” Agreement.
By entering a No Win No Fee Agreement (subject to our terms of business) you have to pay a fee only when we are successful in winning you compensation. You pay nothing if you lose your claim. This way you can ensure that your personal finances are not at risk when pursuing your personal injury claim, as you won’t have to pay anything if your compensation claim isn’t successful.
Our personal injury specialists will be happy to explain these options to you.
What should you do next?
If you would like to speak to a personal injury specialist about your motorcycling hit and run accident claim, please contact us by calling 0345 604 7298, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.