How can we help?

Injuries suffered in a public place

How DAS Law can help you

If you’ve suffered injury arising from an accident in a public place, our experienced team of personal injury lawyers and support specialists can provide you with practical legal advice and representation to get you the rehabilitation, care and financial support you deserve.

These are some of the outcomes we can achieve for you:

  • Obtaining compensation for your injury.
  • Putting you in contact with leading rehabilitation organisations and agencies that can provide you with practical assistance and morale support in the aftermath of an accident in a public place
  • Important things to consider

    Here are some important things you should be aware of regarding your accident in a public place.

    • Our lawyers are highly experienced in handling accident claims which have happened in a wide range of public places, including theme parks, air shows, shopping centres, restaurants, festivals and music concerts.
    • If your accident was on private property, such as a house or piece of land privately owned by an individual, you would be able to make a compensation claim, providing the accident was the fault of the land owner or occupier and they had suitable insurance or the means to pay personally.
    • If your accident was on a council owned property, such as a public footpath or a residential house rented out to a member of the public, then you may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim against the local authority if the accident was due to their negligence.
    • You do not need to visit our offices. We can arrange meetings at your convenience at your home or hospital, or over the phone at a time that is suitable for you.
    • In most cases, personal injury claims must be made within three years of the occurrence of the injury or the date on which you became aware of it.
    • In most cases we can secure interim payments to help alleviate financial hardship.

    How much will it cost?

    If you would like DAS Law to help you with a claim following your accident in a public place, there are a number of ways of funding your legal costs, including:

    Legal Expenses Insurance (LEI)

    If you have a motor or home insurance policy which includes LEI cover, your legal costs may be covered by your policy (subject to the terms and conditions of the policy). If you are unsure if your insurance policy includes LEI cover, we will check this with you.

    Read more

    Conditional Fee Agreement (No win, no fee)

    If you do not have LEI cover, we can still deal with fatal injury claims through a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA) – commonly known as ‘No Win, No Fee’. We also assist our clients in obtaining After The Event (ATE) insurance at no upfront cost.

    If you have legal expenses insurance, your legal costs may be covered by your policy

    By entering a CFA (subject to our terms of business) you have to pay a fee only when we are successful in winning you compensation. You pay nothing if you lose your claim. This way you can ensure that your personal finances are not at risk when pursuing your personal injury claim. This option means that you won’t have to pay anything if your compensation claim isn’t successful.

    Our personal injury specialists will be happy to explain these options to you.

    What should you do next?

    If you would like to speak to a personal injury specialist about your accident in a public place, please contact us by calling 0345 604 7298, or email

    Call us Email us

    Samantha Brown

    Head of Personal Injury

    Learn more
    Paul Morrison

    Principal Associate

    Learn more
    Helen Williams

    Principal Associate

    Learn more

    Accidents in public places can cause a variety of injuries; some may take a few weeks to heal, but in other cases you could be left with permanent damage that could have an impact on your family and finances for the rest of your life.

    Samantha Brown, Head of Personal Injury

    Read more helpful information on the DAS Law blog

    Personal injury services , Road traffic accidents , Accidents at work , Blog Claiming on behalf of someone killed

    If someone close to you dies due to a criminal act of intent or through an accident, such as a road traffic accident or an industrial injury, you should be able to claim compensation

    April 2018
    Road traffic accidents , Blog Claims for injuries on the road

    Most people probably associate the word "accident" with a car or bike crash, or a motor collision.

    April 2018
    Personal injury services , Road traffic accidents , Blog Motorcycle law

    Motorcycle and moped riders are largely required to follow the same road rules that other road users must – however, riding a motorcycle comes with its own specific legal requirements.

    April 2018
    Personal injury services , Accidents at work , Blog Claiming for injuries sustained in the workplace

    More accidents happen at work than anywhere else. In fact almost half of accidents that occur happen in the workplace.

    April 2018