How DAS Law can help you
If you’ve suffered injury arising from an accident in a public place, our experienced team of personal injury lawyers and support specialists can provide you with practical legal advice and representation to get you the rehabilitation, care and financial support you deserve.
These are some of the outcomes we can achieve for you:
Obtaining compensation for your injury.
Putting you in contact with leading rehabilitation organisations and agencies that can provide you with practical assistance and morale support in the aftermath of an accident in a public place
Important things to consider
Here are some important things you should be aware of regarding your accident in a public place.
- Our lawyers are highly experienced in handling accident claims which have happened in a wide range of public places, including theme parks, air shows, shopping centres, restaurants, festivals and music concerts.
- If your accident was on private property, such as a house or piece of land privately owned by an individual, you would be able to make a compensation claim, providing the accident was the fault of the land owner or occupier and they had suitable insurance or the means to pay personally.
- If your accident was on a council owned property, such as a public footpath or a residential house rented out to a member of the public, then you may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim against the local authority if the accident was due to their negligence.
- You do not need to visit our offices. We can arrange meetings at your convenience at your home or hospital, or over the phone at a time that is suitable for you.
- In most cases, personal injury claims must be made within three years of the occurrence of the injury or the date on which you became aware of it.
- In most cases we can secure interim payments to help alleviate financial hardship.
How much will it cost?
If you would like DAS Law to help you with a claim following your accident in a public place, there are a number of ways of funding your legal costs, including:
Legal Expenses Insurance (LEI)
If you have a motor or home insurance policy which includes LEI cover, your legal costs may be covered by your policy (subject to the terms and conditions of the policy). If you are unsure if your insurance policy includes LEI cover, we will check this with you.
Conditional Fee Agreement (No win, no fee)
If you do not have LEI cover, we can still deal with your injury claim through a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA) – commonly known as ‘No Win, No Fee’. We also assist our clients in obtaining After The Event (ATE) insurance at no upfront cost.
If you have legal expenses insurance, your legal costs may be covered by your policy
By entering a CFA (subject to our terms of business) you have to pay a fee only when we are successful in winning you compensation. You pay nothing if you lose your claim. This way you can ensure that your personal finances are not at risk when pursuing your personal injury claim. This option means that you won’t have to pay anything if your compensation claim isn’t successful.
Our personal injury specialists will be happy to explain these options to you.
What should you do next?
If you would like to speak to a personal injury specialist about your accident in a public place, please contact us by calling 0345 604 7298, or email email@example.com.