How DAS Law can help you
If you have lost a loved one because of someone else’s negligence, our experienced team of personal injury lawyers and support specialists can provide you with practical legal advice and representation to get you the care and financial support you deserve.
These are some of the outcomes we can achieve for you:
If you were financially dependent on the deceased, we can recoup money you were accustomed to so you can maintain your standard of living.
Putting you in contact with leading counselling organisations and charities that can provide you with practical assistance and moral support in the aftermath of losing a loved one.
Important things to consider
Here are some important things you should be aware of regarding your claim for loss of a loved one:
- Our lawyers have dealt with many types of fatal injury claims resulting from someone else’s negligence including road traffic accidents, rail and air accidents, heavy industry and agricultural related accidents.
- You are legally entitled to claim if you were financially dependent on the deceased.
- You do not need to visit our offices. We can arrange meetings at your convenience at your home, or over the phone at a time that is suitable for you.
- If you are off work as a result of your bereavement, you may be able to claim a pay-out for loss of income.
- In most cases, claims must be made within three years of the occurrence of the fatal injury or the date on which you became aware of it.
How much will it cost?
If you would like DAS Law to help you with your fatal injury claim, there are a number of ways of funding your legal costs, including:
Legal Expenses Insurance (LEI)
If you have a motor or home insurance policy which includes LEI cover, your legal costs may be covered by your policy (subject to the terms and conditions of the policy). If you are unsure if your insurance policy includes LEI cover, we will check this with you.
Conditional Fee Agreement (No win, no fee)
If you do not have LEI cover, we can still deal with fatal injury claims through a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA) – commonly known as ‘No Win, No Fee’. We also assist our clients in obtaining an After The Event (ATE) insurance policy at no upfront cost.
If you have legal expenses insurance, your legal costs may be covered by your policy
By entering into a CFA (subject to our terms of business) you have to pay only when we are successful in winning you compensation. You pay nothing if you lose your claim. This way you can ensure that your personal finances are not at risk when pursuing your personal injury claim. This option means that you won’t have to pay anything if your compensation claim isn’t successful.
Our personal injury specialists will be happy to explain these options to you.
What should you do next?
If you would like to speak to a personal injury specialist about your fatal injury claim, please contact us by calling 0345 604 7298, or email email@example.com.